PRENTOULIS GERAKINI Law Partnership (“NPNG”) collects and processes your personal data always in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Reg. 2016/679) and applicable law, as in force. NPNG takes all necessary measures to protect the rights, interests and data of the data subjects, and in particular to ensure that the data collected by NPNG are subject to legal, fair and transparent processing.
Personal Data we collect
NPNG does not automatically collect information that personalizes you, such as your full name, address, email etc. when you visit the website “npng.gr”. Such information is collected only if you have willingly accepted to provide it. We do not collect your personal data when your browse and use any section of the website. Nevertheless, when you extend any communication to us, whether by email or any other means, we collect your data, so that we can respond to your requests for assistance or information, or any query you may have addressed to us. The personal data we will process for that purpose are your name, surname, contact details provided by you and the contents of the communication that you address to us. In that case, the legal basis for processing your personal data will be the handling of your request and our overriding legitimate business interest to appropriately manage requests submitted by third parties.
Purposes of processing personal data
We process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To comply with our contractual obligations in the context of an assignment for the provision of our professional service
- To comply with our legal obligations and to challenge, raise or exercise legal claims before the courts of this country or before any competent authority
- For the fulfillment of our contractual obligations towards third parties
Recipients of personal data
We may disclose your personal data to service providers acting on our behalf, to our colleagues/partners or third parties with your consent. We clarify that we do not disclose personal data to third parties except only for the provision of certain services.
- Service Providers: We may disclose your personal data to service providers who provide certain services on our behalf. These providers include companies hired to provide customer service, technical security of our systems and services, technical support and promotion of our services and products.
- Others: We may share your data with others with your consent or if we consider disclosure necessary to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., tax, administrative authorities) or to comply with a valid legal procedure or for reasons of national security or public interest, if we determine that that such interests override our own interests and / or rights.
Data retention time
We retain your personal data only for the period required until the purposes for which they were originally collected are attained. We may, however, be required to retain your data for a longer period of time in the following cases:
- If there is a legal obligation according to applicable law.
- For use before tax and social security authorities as well as any other auditing authority within the legal limitation period.
- Until the expiration of limitation period of our legal claims, so as to exercise our rights and legal interests before any competent Court and any other public authority.
Rights of data subjects (individuals)
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- right of access and obtain information in regard with the processing of your personal data
- right to rectification of your personal data
- right to erasure of part or all of personal data if they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected (right to be forgotten)
- right to restrict processing of your personal data in case (a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of them, (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead, (c) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the exercise of legal claims, (d) you object to processing, pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override those of yours
- right to data portability of your personal data, meaning the right to receive a copy of your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request, if it is possible, to transmit those data to another data controller. This right concerns personal data you have provided to us and their processing is carried out by automated means and is based on consent or on the execution of the relevant agreement
- right to object to processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation
- right to revoke consent to processing your personal data at any time, in case the processing is based on consent. The revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of processing that was based on the given consent at the time before the revocation
- right to submit a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
For the exercise of your rights, please email email@example.com. NPNG will take every possible step to satisfy the request within (1) one month from its submission.
Security of personal data
We protect your personal data by taking all necessary organizational and technical measures to avoid any form of illegal or unfair processing.
In particular, to ensure the confidentiality of data transfer, an encryption protocol is used. The encryption protocol ensures that all data you provide to us is encrypted so that it cannot be decrypted or changed when transferred to Internet.
Access to the NPNG's systems (servers) is controlled by a firewall, which allows the use of specific services by users while prohibiting access to systems and databases with confidential NPNG data and information.
For any clarification, including any issue related to the processing of your data and the exercise of your rights, you can contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org